Thursday, July 29, 2021

MR LINDEN’S LIBRARY Flash Fiction Entry #2

Book of spells. Introduction
(Written by John Kennedy) 60 years old

100. When you open this book, you will be possessed with a ticking time bomb. After 1 min you will fall asleep forever and nothing will be able to save you. This act will start when I say the word “book”. After I say the word “book” nobody will be able to see my deepest darkest secrets. I will hide this in one of the apartments near me.

THE END

John puts the book in the bookshelf in an empty house hoping that nobody will find the book, but he does not know that in 40 years there will be a nice surprise to await him……

This was the last book left from the linden library. Linden was John's best friend and wanted John to take care of all the books. But in 1990 there was a big robbery where all the books were stolen and only one was left. John added to the book so that nobody was going to be able to steal it.
40 years later

John noticed that a car had pulled up to his house on a Monday morning. He had no clue who it was he had a suspicion it was the owner telling him to cut the grass because its ugly. But instead, it was a beautiful girl with long hair and pretty high heels. He came out to say hi because he still did not know why she was here. But all he knew was that there was no way that she would move in, especially in the house next to him. John approached her with caution and said

‘Hello, my name is John and I live in the big house’ John points to his house.

The girl replied, “Hi my name is Emily I will be your new neighbor”

“Great” John said under his breath “I would not live there if I was you, it's very spooky you won’t like it.” Emily replied with

“I am sure that that's not true. I mean you're just too old to understand. ''You look like you are a million years old so stop talking and leave oldy. John's face went crazy red and said “I don't want you in my neighborhood. I will make sure that you will not be here long”

“Don’t touch the book.” John said. Once John walked away Emily said

“Yeah right, like an old man will know what he is talking about. “Now let me find my room and see what book this oldy is talking about.”

As Emily walked into her room she tripped on a water bottle on the floor then a bucket of ice-cold water was dumped on her head and then words appeared on the TV saying “don’t disrespect me or else” Emily was cold and scared and did not want anything to do with that oldy. Emily said, “be quiet or you will hear a piece of my mind.”

Then after she went to go take a long warm shower. She turned on the shower and cockroaches started coming out instead. She screamed so loud that almost everyone from Japan and Italy could hear her scream. And then she could hear the TV say “I have been here for 40 years, and I deserve respect. I promise the owner knows me and he will hear a piece of my mind about you. “After that she did not say anything. She turned off the shower and turned it back on and said “WARM WATER” she took a nice long shower and got her towel out, dried herself off and curled her hair. She went around the house putting food in the cabinets, putting new furniture in its spot, and then eating really hot soup. After that she went to the store to buy herself a TV and found one for a sweet price she went grocery shopping and shopping for some new clothes she bought a dress and some really pretty high heels she was ready to come home after her shopping spree, and her car did not want to start she tried and tried again but then she realized that she did not fill up the gas she called her insurance company's roadside assistance. And she got her car working in 2 hours..

After she got to her new TV she figured out that there was no TV in the box! She decided that she would buy the TV tomorrow and today she would organize her new bookshelf and also see what the oldy was talking about.

She was walking with 5 books in her hands and putting books in the bookshelf when she noticed a book that she did not bring from home. She said, “This must be what the oldy was talking about” She changed into a pair of PJs and decided that she would look at the book before bed. But she did not know what was going to happen at first she was scared that something bad would happen and had doubts upon opening the book but then she realized that an old man told her not to open the book and then said “oh right he is 100 years old I forgot. She took vitamins and was ready to open the book. Gathering all her stuff she collected her worries. “Like anything is going to happen” she said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When she changed into PJs and got ready to go to bed she grabbed the book and put it on the bed she started reading and after a min passed she felt herself getting really tired she felt her body drifting to her pillow and her eyelids getting heavier and heavier every second she felt very sleepy, and she felt weird plants pricking her arm in that second she knew she stuffed up.

1 comment:

  1. I liked this story, but I didn't really get the feel of it. Also, if the were to send this somewhere, I wouldn't use words like "oldy". But I thought that the idea of the story was good!

    ReplyDelete