Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Smoking and why we shouldn’t do it: A personal essay by AD

You can smell it, you can see it, and you can do it. I can see it almost every day. Most people just ignore it. Some people do it to look cool. Some people do it because it makes them feel good.

But here’s the truth. People do not think we should be doing this anymore. When I first saw the commercial I freaked out. Lung cancer?! Black lung?! Robot voice?! After that I vowed never to smoke. I was scared. I heard that breathing in the fumes could damage my lungs too. I held my breath whenever I saw a cigarette.

That was when I was little.

Now I see the signs. Smoking area one hundred feet. This is a non-smoking building. I still feel afraid. Smoking can make illnesses worse. Especially Covid-19. Still not convinced? Do you want to spend your LIFE on a ventilator? You may have to stay in a hospital. And worse. If this kills you? YOU yes YOU may not have a chance to say goodbye to your loved ones.

So please do not smoke this can kill you, give your family grief, and damage other’s lung too.

No comments:

Post a Comment